Hey Guys!
We have made it through another week!! Just 6 more weeks to go :) Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. It was sunny and about 70!! SO nice after freezing cold weather all week long! We walk everywhere outside, so it was very exciting to see the sun!
Plus it gave Adam the opportunity to take some of the kids down to the creek...he had them balancing on logs and swinging on rope swings....unfortunately they weren't so good at it...I have never seen such muddy, wet children!! But it seems they had the time of their lives :) SO that is good...I just wish I had pictures for you!
Every Sunday night we have 'house church'. Tonight we did it like the Chinese (well as good as you can here, anyways) We had to walk in - in silence, take our shoes off and everything was in the dark - then they had the whole service in Chinese. It was really interesting...the only bad thing is that their are 238 families....so that doesn't include children...of which there are TONS, so you can imagine sitting on the floor without the air conditioner with about 50 or so kids under the age of 5....good times :) The parents are definitely learning how to keep their children occupied....or drugged... (wink, wink)
Anyways - more later - here are some pics of the campus for you to enjoy! (the last one is our Quad, there are 5 families in there with us....we each have our own apt. of course, haha!!)
love
adam & jess

3 comments:
may it be said that the muddy wet children were mine but not the screaming ones. :)
The campus looks so beautiful! Definitely not what I was picturing!
Wow, an underground-like church service; I bet that was pretty interesting. It's so easy to forget that there are millions of people who do have to meet in secrecy with fear of their lives... how blessed are we to have such freedom; although, they are blessed in their persecution because it often makes their faith more real and deep. So really, which group has the better end of the deal? Anywho, I'm glad you guys were able to experience that!
We did have a great Halloween, but we missed you guys. Can't wait to see you in December, and then to visit you next summer! :)
Oh, and keep posting... I'm always checking in for updates! Love you!
Hey Guys! I finally got a few extra minutes to sit and read the rest of your blog. Great to hear you keep yourselves entertained:)
We love and miss you, we'll talk to you soon!!
Post a Comment